Assignment

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Swallowing the Midies
When I entered the hall I was all nerves. My whole body was trembling and perspiring. I was face to face with fate in the form of question paper. Time moved very fast. The students took their seats. Some of them prayed and left waiting for the invigilators to deliver them the answer books. Some tried to make plans with their friends for copying.
I got a little more scared when Miss Tooba Zaheer walked towards the white board with the bundle of papers in her hand. She teaches Online journalism to BS 3rd year of Mass Communication students of Jinnah University for Women.
There was a noise outside. One of the candidates had thrown the questions outside and her friend had run away with them. The teacher made the girl stand up and carried out complete search. She took out a parchi and swallowed it. The piece of paper stuck in her throat and she started gasping for breath.
One of the student offered her a glass of water and she gulped every thing down. Some parchis were found pasted on the sole of her shoes. The superintendent issued her a second answer book and her first answer book was taken away.
I was already in a shambles because of the hairline fracture in my hand the whole scene left me stunned for a while, I continued my paper by the time i was done with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment